Genealogy Look Ups

22 Feb

I’ve been brainstorming ways that I could further my research on the Black community in the West Tennessee area. I’ve decided that with the amount of time I spend there that I should begin doing genealogy look ups. If you have information that you need assistance with that can only be found by actually visiting the West TN area, please let me know and I will be happy to assist. Please leave your details in the comments section.

I hope everyone has been enjoying their Black History Month so far.

8 Responses to “Genealogy Look Ups”

1. emla creme March 12, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

Thanks for this blog!

2. Tracy Cook July 22, 2013 at 11:51 am #

I’m so happy I came across your website. Thank you so much for offering to do a Genealogy Look Up. Since I live in Florida, your presence there would be a great help.

I hope you can help me locate any information on my Great Grandfather’s parents or his childhood. I’ve accumulated a wealth of information since he graduated from Meharry, but nothing prior to this.
    • His name is: Augustus George Taylor
    • Born: May 5, 1875/1876 in Dyersburg, TN.
    • He death certificate referenced his parent’s names as: Juda Winrow (she might be from Lauderdale), and George Augusta Taylor.
    Dr. A. G. Taylor graduated from Meharry in 1897, and practiced medicine in Mayfield, KY. He married Sallie Galbreath and had 3 children.
    1910 – He petitioned the Kentucky Courts to contest the discrimination of education between white and “colored” children.
    1929 – Appointed president of the NAACP for Mayfield, KY.
    • How did he become educated to attend Meharry?
    • His mother didn’t have his last name, so how did a single mother afford to send him to college? Who was his father? Her owner/employer?
    Thanking you in advance if you can find any info on his parents or his childhood.

• Tiffany July 24, 2013 at 12:16 pm #

Thanks for commenting. I’m currently on the last leg of a summer research trip, but as soon as I am back home and settled I’ll be happy to look into this for you. I love a good mystery!

• Tracy July 29, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

Yayyyyyyy!
        I love mysteries too. Looking forward to our collaboration.

3. Tasha November 23, 2014 at 11:50 pm #

Hi Tiffany, my name Tasha my granny had some relatives that lived in Ripley Tn, Edna and William Fitzpatick those were her parents. Her name was Alma Fitzpatick Riley. Any information would be very helpful!!!

• Tiffany December 16, 2014 at 7:53 pm #

Hi, I just sent you an email. Please check your inbox and spam folder. Thanks, Tiffany.

4. soundmindentgroup February 10, 2015 at 3:10 pm #

Hello. I am looking for information regarding Hattie Hudson my great great grandmother. Her daughter is Lena Hudson. Lena married John Tyers and became Lena Tyers. they are the parents of my grandmother Josephine who was born near 1912 they were all from Dyersburg. Do you have access to the census data…my last surviving uncle said that a lot of that info was lost when a church burned down a long time ago. Please help.